14 July 2005

The concept of an agglutinative language

I have been considering the possibility of an Agglutinative Language. Some examples from linguistics would be German, Dutch, or Esperanto.

Can the same concept, whereby entities are created as needed from existing entities, apply to data engineering? Is there a way for data entities to (with agility) combine and form new data entities? My gut feeling tells me that there is an understood (unamibiguous) set of metadata describing each data element, that there should be problem in combining several together, to form complex entities. It is what I am proposing can be done in a formal ontology from a collection of concepts brought together to form a compound (complex concept, entity, or relationship).

The idea class inheritance intrigues me here.

Further thought warranted . . .

Tags: agglutinative language, ontology, linguistics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home