23 June 2005

Conference Schedule

Just came back from the 10th International Command and Control Research and Technology Symposium last week. It was in Tyson's Corner, and hosted by the Command and Control Research Program, under the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Networks and Information Integration (OASD/NII). That was a good conference. Made some good contacts, stayed at the Ritz-Carlton(!), had some good food, attended some good talks. Already working on a paper for next year's conference. Brought back some french chocolates from the Ritz-Carlton - Heidi likes the milk chocolate, which leaves the dark chocolate for me. I don't need that...

In July I am attending Summer Computer Simulation Conference, put on by the Society for Modeling and Simulation International. I have written an submitted (and had it accepted) a paper for this conference on "Extending the Levels of Conceptual Interoperability Model". I have entered this paper as a student author - I hope it is well received.

The week before the Summer Sim conference, I will be attending Historicon in Lancaster Pennsylvania. This is an annual event for me, and I've been doing it with the lads from Old Dominion Military Society for as long as that organization has existed (back to about 1989), and before that with the same lads, we just hadn't given ourself a fancy name yet. I will be hosting two wargames at this conference, with Chris Borucki. This year is a first for me, rather than attend with the guys, I will be going with Anita, instead. Should be fun; definitely will be expensive.

In september, I should(?) be attending SISO's Fall SIW (Simulation Interoperability Workshop). Cool. I have a paper already accepted for this one. Now I just have to write it. Damn skippy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home